Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Recipe Round-Up

I've had several people ask me for certain recipes lately, so I figured I'd put them on here so anyone who wants to can enjoy them. I didn't want to post all four complete recipes, so I just have their links. Each of these is very delicious and healthy - and all have the Dan seal of approval. (Lots of the recipes I try don't get this!)

First off is one I've made about a million times in the last few weeks since I bought a bunch of zucchini at the farmer's market...and I'm still not sick of it. I love this - the combo of roasted summer squash and feta cheese is amazing.
Kalyn's Kitchen: Roasted Zucchini Recipe with Green Onions, Feta Cheese, and Basil
(note: I just realized this recipe actually does not have the Dan seal of approval. He has refused to try it based on an intense dislike of summer squash. Sorry for lying to you above)

I've tried a couple mashed cauliflower recipes that have not been successful, but this one went over really well. Probably all the cheese, but oh well - it's still packing in a lot of veggies and tasted just like cheesy mashed potatoes!
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/mashed-cauliflower-recipe-with-cheese.html

I like to make scrambled eggs and omelettes a lot, so it's nice to find a good biscuit recipe to go with them. This one is perfect - easy, healthy, and yummy. It's sort of a cross between a biscuit and a muffin, I think - it's not the perfect take-apart layers like store bought - but so good!
http://cookinpanda.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/lemony-herby-and-healthy-too/

Finally, this is my standard pizza crust recipe. When Dan and I first got married, we realized we needed to mesh our pizza preferences somehow. Dan was eating a frozen Red Baron supreme pizza for approximately 75% of his dinners! I was not about to do that, and he was not about to give up his pizza. So, we compromised and now I make homemade pizza about once a week. It's cheaper and healthier than frozen pizzas, and if you make the crust ahead of time it doesn't take any longer.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amazing-Whole-Wheat-Pizza-Crust/Detail.aspx

By the way, I've found most of these recipes on Foodblogsearch.com. It's a search engine where you just type in which ingredients you want, and all the posts with those words will come up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this blog entry.. but still freaked out about the other one. I cannot even watch movies with bugs.