Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Night in the Life...

4:00am: Dan and I are sound asleep in bed...I'm dreaming I'm an Olympic swimmer...

4:01: Dan jumps out of bed, throws the covers off and starts frantically searching around the bed

4:02: Me: ummm...(not quite sure if I'm in the pool or in our bed or what)..sweetheart? What's going on?

Dan: You don't want to know.

Me: Okay. (still too sleepy to realize anything weird about this statement. Decide I might as well go to the bathroom since I'm up, so I get up and go to the bathroom.)

4:04: I come back in, all the sheets and covers are off our bed and Dan has lifted the mattress up and is looking underneath it.

Me: okay, um seriously, what is going on?

Dan: Seriously, you don't want to know.

Me: Umm...did you have a bad dream? (looking at the bed, seeing nothing on it)

Dan: Something like that...

All of a sudden a cockroach crawls around the bottom of the mattress and skitters across my side of the bed!

Me: AAAHHHH!!!!

Dan: (running from side to side of the bed whacking a book at the roach, then jumping around when it falls to the floor and finally smashing it. Sighs with relief.) Yeah, I woke up to that crawling on my back!

Me: (seriously freaked out...for about five minutes....then my Olympic dreams take over again)

5:00am: Dan is still lying awake, thinking about the roach crawling around on his skin...

3 comments:

the morgan fam said...

don't tell me the cochroaches are taking over the U.S. too!?!

Julie said...

i was dreaming about the btk... bad dream night, i guess.

Anonymous said...

mmm yeah that's nasty.