Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Highlights

So I went back to Westerville and am just now returning to Waco. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get caught up, and I already forgot to call my new supervisor at our pre-arranged time, so clearly I'm off to a great start. (By the way, the Wikipedia article on "How to Apologize to your Boss" really helped me out with the email I just sent to her!)

Highlights of the trip:

Thursday: It gets off to an interesting start with the plane ride where, as we are waiting to take off, the pilot announces "Folks, the electronic device indicator light is still turned on up here which means that someone forgot to turn their cell phone off...so if you all could please check and make sure, that would be great.
*Me: Snicker, snicker*
*2 seconds later: Sink into my seat and pretend I'm laughing at something I'm reading when the woman next to me actually leans down and checks her cell phone*

Friday: Went to the eye doctor for opinion #2 about why in the world I can't wear contacts anymore. Opinion #2 is, "Yeah, I think LASIK is your best bet." Opinion #2 also mentioned the fact that LASIK costs around $4500. Sweeet.... I'll be back in 2025 or so?

Saturday: At dinner, we asked the waiter what the soup of the day was. His response: "uhh, I don't know..I think it's breaded.." Us: "Breaded?!?! Can you explain that further??" Him: "Ummm, no..I just know there's bread in it...you know, it's like breaded." The soup was actually a chicken and vegetable soup with a small piece of bread in it. I think our waiter needed a little more training. Or maybe he just needed to stop smoking pot.

Sunday: I may or may not have tried to make watermelon sorbet for my family. They may or may not think that I am a complete liar about my cooking abilities, since it turned out more like watermelon..water? Juice? Who knows, but it definitely wasn't sorbet. I swear, it worked before!

Monday: My mom used a needle to dig out a tiny shard of glass still in my arm. Sweeeet...

Tuesday: Dear Man Snoring on The Plane 2 Seats Behind Me,
Seriously?! How can you be this loud?? I see people 4 rows up turning around and glaring at you and the only reason it's only 4 rows up is because I can't see farther than that! I have my Ipod up 3/4 of the way and I think the man next to me hates me because he can probably hear every single syllable of Griffin House, and yet I can STILL hear you snoring! This has got to be illegal.

So far, I only have forgotten my Rainbow sandals and only have accidentally brought with me my mom's garage door opener.

3 comments:

Leah said...

More glass? Yikes. I'm sorry, Kristi. It was so great to see you this weekend! Hi to Dan! We missed you!

Anonymous said...

How is the scar-treatment ointment working? would you recommend it or should we have gone with the juice-in-the-bandaid ones?

Kristi said...

Leah, I'm so glad I got to see you guys too! Dan says hi :-)

Diana, Scar treatment ointment hasn't made much of a difference yet but who knows, it says to apply it for six weeks so it seems like it probably takes a while. By the way, Sammie had another "string" yesterday...I had to pull this one out!!