Summer has always been the season where I end up watching too much bad TV. I think this habit began in late elementary school, when Julie and I watched four episodes of Saved by the Bell - back to back - EVERY SINGLE DAY all summer. (I think we got in trouble for it almost every single day too, but since they were on before Mom or Dad got home, we continued to risk it.)
I'm not really sure why I loved SBTB so much, and I haven't seen it in years, but my habit of watching TV when I could be doing way more important things has continued - and especially that we're now in Texas, where we have to wait until 9:30pm to take Sammie on a walk or it's literally too hot, we spend a lot of evenings indoors channel surfing.
So here are the top 5 TV shows Dan and I have been watching this summer:
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm. We've been renting this on Netflix and it's actually really funny - I'm not ashamed to admit this one! It's Larry David, the creator of Seinfeld, in a mostly unscripted show about his life in LA.
2. Ace of Cakes - This show is on Food Network, and it's awesome. They make these ridiculous cakes for people, such as an exact replica of a house, or a 3 foot tall dinosaur, or a giant bulldog. And what's better is the people who do this are these skater guys and all their friends who for some reason decided to learn how to bake cakes. They may or may not be high at work every day, and they're all hilarious and the last people you would expect to see making these elaborate cakes. Overall, a must-see.
3. National Open House - on HGTV. This show profiles three different cities every episode, and then shows three houses in each city at different price points. So for example, one episode had houses for $200,000, $600,000, and 1 million in San Diego, some city in Iowa, and Baltimore. It's so crazy to see the difference between parts of the country and the houses they look at are usually really neat. However, sometimes we'll get sucked into this and end up watching it for an hour and then think, "hmm..did I really just spend an hour looking at houses on tv?"
4. Jon and Kate plus 8 (TLC). I know for a fact that there is at least one other person out there who reads my blog and watches this show too! You have to admit that this is one of the most addicting shows on TV. Dan and I will end up watching the marathons on the weekends and we always end up discussing Jon and Kate's relationship. Can you imagine what it would be like to have eight kids? It's fascinating to watch them navigate everyday events...
and the final bad tv show we've been watching this summer....
5. living lohan! I know, I know, it's awful, and we sit there and scream at all of them, because they're awful, and dina lohan is the worst mom ever, and alli lohan is the most annoying 14 year old i've ever met, but somehow i just have to know if michael and nina get back together, and if alli ever ends up sounding fairly decent on her album...oh man. I can't believe I just admitted this on the internet.
Anyone have any recommendations that I should add to my list?