Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spring Classes

I started my new semester of classes yesterday. This semester I'm taking two classes (as always), which are Clinical Psychopathology and Experimental Design.

Clinical Psychopathology: In this class, we basically go through the DMS-IV-TR, and learn about every possible mental illness or disorder that exists. Although I already know quite a bit about these from everything I've done so far, this course gets down to the details and requires a lot of memorization of symptoms, etc. Theoretically, this class will qualify me to diagnose or classify any psychological problem...which is kind of cool. :) The class is small, just us second years, and with a professor we've had before, so I don't think there will be many surprises.

Experimental Design: This is pretty much "Statistics 2." It's taught by the same professor I had last semester, and continues on with how to design research studies. This class is a little exciting because the third year students will be in it with us as well, and they weren't last semester. Other than that, I think this will be very similar to last semester.

I'm still continuing my practicum work, and I'm not working as a TA this semester so I'll get a little more free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But to be honest, this semester seems like the "same old, same old." Am I hitting the sophomore slump? I guess we'll find out as the semester continues.

Dan just started a new semester yesterday as well, but apparently when you're a high school teacher, things don't change as much. His only change is that he has two new students.

No comments: