Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Too Good of a Deal NOT to Blog About It...

Some of you may know that I follow grocery shopping and coupon blogs pretty carefully. There are many people out there who write exclusively about ways to save money and search out coupons that will work at your local stores. People are especially big on CVS and Walgreens right now because you can get lots of stuff for free if you sign up for their extra care bucks and then go shopping a lot with coupons.


And here are some other blogs that I regularly use to find coupons good at Walmart and HEB, the grocery stores around here:


I do my grocery shopping by first checking all the blogs and finding the sales and printing off coupons. I know not everyone likes to shop like this, but hey whatever helps you stay on budget, right?
::UPDATE:: I got an email today saying you couldn't combine two offers. So, the $25 off is still a good deal but you can't use it as well as the free burgers...so not as good of a deal as it was...
Anyway, I want to share with you a deal I just completed (i.e. it's not a scam because it works!) with Omaha Steaks. Basically, you can get 12 Omaha Steaks burgers for free, plus $25 off whatever you purchase. (Since shipping is $13, you want to aim for something just a little over $12 so that you can literally get this all for free - it will apply the discount to shipping).

The only bummer about this is it's not available to Ohio residents. I have no idea why. But if you don't live in Ohio, continue reading!

First, go to this page and sign up for Geico Privileges. It's completely free, no strings attached. You don't have to even get an insurance quote or anything like that, it's just like signing up for their website basically. They will then send you an email with a code for $25 off any purchase at Omaha Steaks. It took me almost 8 hours to get my email so don't get discouraged when you don't get it right away.

Second, go here and type in your email address. They will send you a confirmation email that includes 12 free burgers from Omaha Steaks with any purchase, and you just have to go to the website through that link and make your purchase.

So when you get both emails, just go to the website through the second link, pick out whatever you want and order! Your 12 free burgers will be automatically applied at checkout, and checkout is also where you type in your code. It's awesome!! If you get more burgers you can literally get 24 burgers for about $2.00. I upgraded and got some sirloin steaks but it was still only $15 total (including shipping).

Anyway, this was just a really cool thing and I'm really excited about getting some red meat when we usually don't spend money on it! So I wanted to share it with you because I know all of you could use this.

*One small picky note: When you click on the link from the GEICO email, it might just go to the main page rather than your gift code number. If that happens, sign in using your name and password. Then leave that window open and click on the link from the email again in a different window. It seems like you must have to be signed in on the computer you're on for the link to work.

Yum yum... today is just my lucky day I think. First zoo tickets, and now this!

No comments: